We wanted to have a page that has updated articles discussing the exposÃ© Biblical Missiology has brought before the public about the mistranslations that organizations like Wycliffe, SIL and Frontiers are committing. We will continually update these pages as more articles are written:
The Petition: Here is the Petition, We ask that you read it, and sign it. Also please share it with others.
The Fact Check: The Fact check is a response to Wycliffe’s initial denial of the evidences given. The Fact Check is a detailed 16 page document giving evidences to the abuses of Wycliffe, SIL and Frontiers.
Press Releases: Please view our press releases. We find this the easiest way to respond to the quickly changing issues we deal with in short succinct responses.
Signatory Comments: The following is a visual and geographical way to read the comments of petition signers from around the globe. The Christian World is outraged by these Bible Mistranslations.
- AFA Focal Point:
- Alliance for Biblical Integrity: “Son of God” Translation Controversy
- Appraising Ministries: New Bible Translations to Drop ‘Father’ and ‘Son’
- Christianity Today: The Son and the Crescent – Highlighted in this article are clear quotes from Rick Brown of SIL advocating alternative translations than “Father” and “Son”
- Christian Concern: Father and Son Removed from Bible Translations
- Christian Post:
- Cracks in the Crescent:
- ‘Father’ and ‘Son’ Ousted from the Trinity in New Bible Translations
- Wycliffe/SIL’s Gamble with Integrity Grieves Me
- Wycliffe/SIL Call Efforts to Hold them Accountable for Accuracy in Bible Translations ‘Satanic’
- Wycliffe, SIL and the 340-Million Problem
- Crescent Project: A Call to Action: Confront Islamic Beliefs and Pray for Christian Ministries
- The Daily Jot: Confirmed–Bible translators ARE changing the Bible for Islamists
- Desiring God: Forty-Year-Old Light on How to Translate “Son of God” for Muslims by John Piper
- Godfather Politics: Wycliffe Bible Translators Producing Muslim Friendly Bible
- Gospel Coalition Pure Church – Thabiti Anyabwile: Read ’em and Weep: More on “Insider Movements” and Bible Translation
- Jack Van Impe Ministries:
- Video Report on the Wycliffe, SIL and Frontiers changing of the Bible. (Timestamp: 9:04-24:45)
- Another video Report on the changing of God’s Word.
- Janet Mefferd Show: Hour 1- Janet is joined by Georges Houssney to discuss the Wycliffe controversy
- Jihad Watch: Report: American Bible Translators Bowdlerize Scriptures to Avoid Offending Muslims: No “Father” and “Son”
- Liturgy: Wycliffe wades into wild waters
- National Review Online: Bibles that Translate “The Father” as “Allah”
- The New American: Petition Asks Bible Translators to Return “Father” and “Son” to Arabic Scriptures
- Sheperd’s Heart Bible Study:
- Update: Wycliffe Changes their Statement on Bible Translations for Muslims
- Wycliffe-Gate Update: Pakistan Presbyterian Church says NO to Bible Translations
- Wycliffe-Gate: Pakistan Bible Society Ends Relationship with Wycliffe Over Son of God Controversy
- Stand Up For The Truth Radio: February 8, 2012 “Bringing the true Word to the Muslim people”
- Strengholt: Ik heb me helaas vergist in Wycliffe (Dutch)
- VCY America:
- WMUZ Radio: Chris Stevenson Show: Discussion about the Controversy with Testimony of MBB
- World Magazine:
- Holding translators accountable
- The battle for accurate Bible translation in Asia
- John’s solution: The Gospel writer provided context to explain the meaning of ‘Son of God’ by John Piper
- World Net Daily (WND):
- Yahoo News:
- St. Francis Magazine
- TRANSLATING ‘SON OF GOD’ IN MISSIONARY BIBLE TRANSLATION: A CRITIQUE OF “MUSLIM-IDIOM BIBLE TRANSLATIONS: CLAIMS AND FACTS”, BY RICK BROWN, JOHN PENNY AND LEITH GRAY BY DAVID ABERNATHY
- International Journal for Foreign Missions:
- Part I: Explaining the Biblical Term ‘Son(s) of God’ in Muslim Contexts by Rick Brown of SIL – In this article Rick Brown clearly advocates for changing the terms ‘Father’ and ‘Son’ in the Bible.
- Half Devil Half Child http://www.halfdevilhalfchild.com/