UPCOMING ENGAGING ISLAM INSTITUTE IN BOULDER, CO: JUL 23 –AUG 3, 2018
WHAT WE TEACH
Engaging Islam Institute is a comprehensive course meant to prepare Christians from all walks for ministry to Muslims. We cover a wide range of topics, some of which are listed below. For a more in-depth look at what a typical Engage Islam Institute would cover, take a look at our 2017 Schedule!
- The Current Status of Islam in the World
- Seeing Islam Through the Eyes of Jesus
- Biblical Missiology
- Introduction to Islam
- The Rise of Islam and its Periods of Expansion
- The Life and Character of Muhammad
- Understanding Folk Islam
- How to Explain the Gospel to Muslims
- Discipling Converts from Islam
- Spiritual Factors in Evangelizing Muslims
- Islamic Politics, Culture and Religion
- Islamic Sects
- Approaches in Ministry to Muslims
- Contextualization of the Gospel into Islamic Culture
- Women in Islam
- Eastern/Western Thinking
- How to speak to a Muslim
- Church Planting
- Discipleship (Cubs to Lions)
THREE ELEMENTS OF TRAINING
Academic: Morning lectures provide a wide spectrum of subjects including history, theology, and apologetics.
Practical: Afternoon workshops explore different evangelism approaches. Case studies by missionaries feature Muslims in areas such as Turkey, Morocco, Kosova, Yemen, Iran, The U.S., and more.
Spiritual: Throughout the day we also emphasize worship sharing, and a spiritual challenge highlighting the roles of faith, prayer, boldness, and the Holy Spirit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone interested in Muslim ministry
- Missionary Candidates
- Missionaries on furlough
- Church missions directors
- Missions committee members
- Perspectives students
- Seminary students